Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weekend trip

This past weekend the kids and I made a trip to Hull to visit my family.  Lincoln started "saying" a couple things, although none are full words.  One of his favorite things to do was "Mmmm" at the cows.  It's like he's mooing without opening his mouth for the "oo" part.  This was his favorite perch.  We had to be diligent in trying to remember to keep the bedroom doors closed.


My nephew, Ryan, turned one and they had a party at my parents' house.  Here is the super-cute cake my sister made.  It's a replica of Target Field with a baseball cake for Ryan to smash, in which he did an excellent job.  Can you tell everyone in my family are Twins fans?!?

 


It was a lot of fun to have the cousins together, although a bit chaotic at times.  After a wild bathtime one night we couldn't resist taking pictures of the two boys in their diapers to contrast their current body shapes.  My sister nicknamed them "Bird Legs" and "Thunder Thighs".  Lincoln is 16.5 months and barely 21 lbs. (8th percentile).  Ryan is 12 months and 25.5 lbs. (90th percentile).  These two are going to be quite the pair in the future!  


The other funny story from the weekend involved the Mule, which was one of Emily's favorite things the last time we were visiting (see September 2010 videos).  She kept asking about it, so I volunteered to take her for a ride.  After a hassle about getting the "cold-blooded" engine started, I took one loop around the backyard and headed down into the grove where I spent many hours playing as a kid but hadn't been back there in years.  Just as we got to the bottom the Mule died and I couldn't get the dumb thing started.  So Emily & I hiked back to the house.  My dad was just coming out and walked back down with us.  He couldn't get it started either.  It turns out the thing ran out of gas.  Just my luck.  Emily did get a ride later, but she did NOT want to go "back into the forest" again. ;o)

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Glad you had a nice time! It's always nice to get away for a few days, especially when someone is around to help out a little.