- I have had to hide Emily's Dr. Seuss treasury book on a few occasions because we just can't handle it anymore. She runs around asking for "Daka-Zoos". The problem is she can't settle on which story to read, so you end up reading bits and pieces of multiple stories that never end.
- Another one of Emily's stalling tactics while reading before nap/bed time is out of the blue she announces, "I go check on the cookies." I have only baked cookies twice in the last two months, but she must have remembered me saying that.
- Emily is practicing dressing/undressing herself--mostly undressing. ;o) However, she is pretty good at getting her Crocs on (with the back strap flipped up) all by herself. The only problem is that 75% of the time she gets them on the wrong feet. Sometimes she complains, "Feels funny!" but most of the time she just walks around that way. :o)
- Emily can recognize several individual letters and numbers and is showing signs of knowing colors. She kind of tries to sing the ABC song, and when she "counts" it always goes "1...2...3...9...6"
- As mentioned in an earlier post she is quite funny trying to "sing" various songs and nursery rhymes. We have started singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her as the last part of her bedtime routine. She always asks for "Jesus" and is starting to catch on to the tune/words herself.
- Right now Emily is obsessed with hot dogs. She has a funny book about a pigeon finding a hot dog and at one point in the book the pigeon says, "Can you believe this guy?!?" so now Emily will randomly walk around saying, "Can you believe dis guy?!?" over and over again. :o)
- We are definitely in the midst of potty training adventures. I have tried a couple different strategies, but none very consistently. As Austin describes it, she talks a good game but doesn't back it up. ;o) In a couple weeks I am going to try a one-day training method. Here's hoping for some success with that one!
Our September videos are posted below and the pictures are updated on Winkflash. Enjoy!