Friday, September 5, 2008

New blog gadgets

You may have noticed that I've added a few new "gadgets" to our blog.
  • Along the left column is a poll question. My goal is to put up a new one every week. Please vote! (I welcome suggestions for poll questions)
  • Further down is a "Followers" section. This is a newly available gadget that I'm experimenting with. It basically allows you to join our blog fan club. Feel free to register publicly and share your profile picture or anonymously and keep everything private. You can read more information about this gadget here.
  • Under the Followers gadget is a "Blogroll". It lists some of my favorite blogs and includes update notices. If you would like me to add your blog to the list please let me know! I'd be more than happy to promote your blog if I normally read it, but I don't want to add anyone's name without permission.
  • Finally, there is a more prominently displayed button for subscribing to the RSS feed for our blog posts or comments. If you're a frequent and multiple blog reader and haven't set up RSS feeds I highly encourage you to do so. It's a huge time saver! Let me know if you have any questions about it. I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my abilities. :o)

Also, if you have any suggestions/comments on the general layout and other features of our blog please feel free to let me know. I'm always looking for ways to improve without overwhelming readers. You may have noticed that I ditched the large family photo at the top. That was done after some reader comments that confirmed my own thoughts. You can email me directly at megilee@hotmail.com or click on "Comments" at the end of any blog post to let me know your thoughts. Thank you so much for your continued interest in our crazy family life!

No comments: