Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sing a song of sixpence...

Emily has quite a few books that are songs/nursery rhymes. Whenever I read them I can't help but sing them. She has especially enjoyed the set of 10 mini books I found at a garage sale this weekend, most of which she's heard before. I laugh several times a day when I catch her "singing" parts of them. Some of her current favorites are:
  • "Down by duh Hay" (Down by the Bay)
  • "Tinkle, Tinkle Star" (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
  • "Hickey Dock" (Hickory Dickory Dock)
  • "Teapot Sho[r]t" (I'm a Little Teapot)
  • "Wheels duh Bus" (Wheels on the Bus)
  • "Humpy Dumpy" (Humpty Dumpty)

I've also started singing "Jesus Loves Me" when putting her to bed at night. She asks for "Sing Jesus" and sometimes tries to sing it herself during the day. :o)

No comments: