Saturday, September 13, 2008

Garage Sale Treasures

It's the fall city-wide garage sale weekend in Denver and I got some great stuff! Most of it is pictured above. My best find was a Little Tikes collapsible square picnic table. It was from a home daycare that was going out of business. Luckily I got there just as they were opening up the garage door! I also got some cute clothes and fun toys & books for Emily. I may regret getting the push popper! ;o) I also splurged and bought myself a bread machine for $5. Pictured next to it is the first loaf of homemade bread! I haven't tried it yet, but the kitchen smells delicious. :o)

I had fun going to the garage sales, but it's definitely something I wouldn't do all the time. I also decided I won't be taking Emily along again until she's like 4 or 5 years old. I lost track of how many times I had to drag her away from a toy/stuffed animal table and attempt to strap her back into the car seat kicking and screaming on Friday afternoon. So on Saturday morning I left her home with Austin and went out for an hour on my own. Much more productive! Apparently the drizzle/rain on Saturday morning didn't deter all the other fanatical shoppers either. It was crazy trying to drive around town!

No comments: