- "Emily get a snack and maybe watch George?" (have I established a bad habit here?!?)
- "Did Emily go shopping at Target? Yeah! Dat was pretty fun!" (even though we only went to Wal-mart that day)
- "Stay here. I'll be right back. Don't be too curious" (usually directed at her stuffed Curious George)
- "Dis is George. He's a good lil monkey and always berry curious. One day dah man whif-em yellow hat..." (directly quoted from the beginning of every Curious George story)
- "Hello. Dis is Megan. How are you? Ganx. Bye." (her pretend phone conversation every time)
- "Tikki Tikki Tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo" (one of her current favorite books)
- "Emily have some more puppy dogs?" (referring to the puppy chow snack I made for this past weekend)
Emily has adjusted pretty well to her "big girl" bed. She doesn't always stay in bed when we put her down, but thankfully she does stay in her room. In fact, when she wants to come out in the morning or afternoon she knocks on the door and says, "Knock, knock!" :o) When I check on her after falling asleep she looks so cute and angelic all cuddled up under the covers clutching a stuffed toy. Too bad I know better! ;o)
The other "grown up" thing Emily has started doing is helping feed Cheney. She initiated it at first, but we have to closely supervise the timing and amount (Cheney gets fed a set amount 2x/day) or he might get an extra "snack" once in a while. ;o) She's usually pretty proud of herself!
We're still working on a haircut. I called my next-door neighbor/stylist and found out she had been taken to the hospital with labor contractions at 33 weeks, so she might be on bed rest for awhile. We'll see what we come up with for Plan B.
Our November video player is posted below and Winkflash pictures should be updated shortly!