Monday, November 10, 2008

Serious silliness

Today has been a day marked by exceptional Emily silliness. This is actually a pretty typical morning picture. Emily comes roaring down the stairs and starts hauling bags of cereal out of the boxes to graze while I get her bowl of oatmeal ready for breakfast. Today she was sampling Multi-Grain Cheerios and Vanilla Creme Frosted Mini-Wheats.







At nap time I put her down at the usual time and fashion. However, Emily was apparently not sleepy today. The first time I had to check on her because of suspicious noises coming from her room she was sitting on top of her changing table banging pictures against the wall with her whole basket of big girl panties scattered on the floor. I didn't get a picture of that one. The second time I checked on her (an hour after putting her down for the first time) the scene looked like this. I thought I'd experiment by bringing her book cart back into her room from the guest room. Apparently she's not ready for that yet!



The third time I went in to check on her because of more suspicious noises I found this. That would be Emily holding the curtains supposed to be covering her closet. She said she was, "Playing a game." Hmmm. Also notice that the crib rail supposedly blocking the dresser drawers is no match for this monkey. She had hauled almost everything out of a drawer that I can barely get to and is sporting an inside-out pajama top and one black dress shoe from the collection.





It is now 4:00pm and we've given up on the idea of a nap today. Maybe I'm being punished for sitting her down in front of a Curious George video for 1 1/2 hours this morning while I got some desperately needed bookwork done. I thought I had made up for it by reading real books for over an hour. I guess we either need fresh air or some serious aerobic activity. Here's hoping for a smooth and early bedtime!

2 comments:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Why can't kids just sleep in their cribs the rest of their life? Wouldn't life just be easier that way? It's good to see warnings of what could happen when Wendell transitions to a bed, I think we'll put it off as long as possible...

Anonymous said...

Until Mieke figures out how to climb out, she is in the crib until, oh, maybe middle school. Emily sure is busy. Love the messy hair!

Congratulations on the new life!

My heart is with you after the campaign. You all did a great job!

JulieU