Friday, November 7, 2008

First snow

We woke up this morning to the first dusting of snow. Austin & I were silently cursing it because 2/3 of our leaves are still on the ground, and we had hoped to get them cleaned up this weekend. Emily, however, had a different reaction. She ran to the window and said, "Get out the sled? Snowman?" Are you kidding me?!? She even went as far as opening the front coat closet and hauling out her winter coat to put on over her pajamas. Unfortunately, that's as far as I had gotten in the winter snow gear department. I didn't have a hat, mittens, snow pants or boots for her. So no going out in the snow for us! Thankfully, it melted by noon, but it was yucky and snowy all day and will be all day tomorrow, too. I did make it to Target to quickly purchase all the missing snow gear items this afternoon, but hopefully it will be awhile before we'll actually need to use them! :o)

No comments: