- Ever since Grandpa Lorenzen let her play in the bubbles in the bathroom sink, she has been obsessed with "wash hands" and general putzing with the sink. She'll haul her little potty chair that doubles as a step-stool over to the vanity and pretend to wash and play.
- Emily is also even more obsessed with "Key-us Geoge" than ever before. She hauls around her "hea-bee" treasury book and will sit for 20 minutes solid listening to the same stories over and over.
- Emily may have found another new favorite book. I ordered a couple "potty" books from an Usborne book party and had to read one of them 12 times yesterday alone (that is no exaggeration). I hope that it's giving her some ideas...good ones. ;o) She likes to sit on her potty after getting out of the bathtub and sometimes in the middle of the day with all her clothes on, but that's it. We're in no hurry, but it would be nice!
- Apparently Emily doesn't like red stoplights. Whenever you stop the van to wait she yells, "Fast!" from the back. Then you calmly explain that, "No, we have to wait until the light turns green before we can go again." This can be somewhat amusing until you've hit every red light going through Waterloo! :op
- Another thing Emily doesn't like is walking on the tile in the bathroom with bare feet. I think she has slipped a few too many times after getting out of the bathtub and trying to take off. It's funny watching her carefully pick her way to the door after her bath. It's a good thing we have such a small bathroom with multiple rugs!
- Other funny sayings: Emily says "ankle" for Uncle, so she's been talking a lot about "Ankle Ty-luh" lately. Whenever she gets her fingers stuck somewhere she says, "Smash! Fing-guh!" Any kind of blinds/curtains are called "Mo-ning" because I say "Good morning" when I open the vertical blinds in the front room every morning.
Our June pictures are uploaded to Winkflash and the June video player is posted below.