Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cheney and the ball...

So here's a funny story for the week that doesn't even necessarily involve Emily. The other night Austin was still out door-knocking and I was just taking Emily out of the bathtub when there was a loud knock on the door. I peeked to see our next-door neighbor and her 2 1/2 year old son standing on our front deck. He had hit the large white plastic ball from his tee-ball set over the fence and into our backyard. Cheney was out and the gate can only be opened from the inside. At this point Emily was running around "Cwazy" upstairs stark naked, so I told them I'd be out to retrieve it as soon as I got Emily into bed. It wasn't 10 minutes later that I walked into the backyard just in time to see Cheney happily crunch and gulp down the last remains of the ball. Yes, our dog will eat ANYTHING! My neighbor didn't really care b/c she told her son not to aim that direction. I feel bad, though, so I will be on the lookout for more plastic balls the next time I'm at Wal-mart. Cheney also got ahold of a plastic yellow golf ball from the same neighbor kid a couple weeks ago. He didn't consume that one, but it was a mangled pancake by the time we got it back. It will be interesting to see how Cheney's digestive system handles this one. In the past he has successfully passed a whole work glove, foam ceramic tile dividers, jumbo crayons and innumerable sticks and Kleenexes (including a half a box at one time) among other things.

No comments: