Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fall has arrived

Fall weather arrived rather abruptly yesterday afternoon. Emily played in her pool briefly after lunch because it was hot and humid. By the time she woke up for her nap I had put everything away and opened up the house. This morning Emily & I wore coats to walk uptown and go to the park. By afternoon I had to close all the windows again because it was getting too chilly. I even dug out some fuzzy socks and ran the little space heater in the office while I worked on the computer during nap time! Without any direct ties to the school calendar it's harder to conceptualize the passage of time, and I wasn't quite ready for the end of summer. I'm sure we'll still enjoy a few more hot days, but I guess it's time to think about putting away the tank tops and sleeveless shirts and begin seriously evaluating the status of Emily's fall wardrobe. I've been collecting things here & there, but the Denver city-wide garage sales are coming up soon, so I better get my act (and list!) together. ;o)


Emily enjoying a neighbor boy's "wheels" this morning. :o)



No comments: