Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 3 September Savings Challenge

Another week has come and gone. This one doesn't look quite as pretty as previous weeks (see here and here). The main reason is because I spent $60 on food supplies to provide BBQ pork sandwiches for the neighborhood block party this weekend. I have no idea how many people will show up, but I'm sure I'll have leftovers! I had been planning on using my "savings" to do this, so I'm going to cheat and not use it in my numbers. The other reason for a slightly higher grocery bill this week was the addition of my new bread machine. I just had to stock up on bread-making supplies that I don't normally have in my house (e.g. yeast, whole wheat flour, powdered milk (expensive!), etc.) I have enjoyed experimenting with my new "toy" and have a whole list of things to try in the coming week. I think I'm using it as an excuse to justify things, though. In spite of everything, I'm still on track for the month. Through today I have spent 51% of what I normally would have spent by this time if you don't count the block party food.

No comments: