Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rise and Shine!

This Saturday I had the privilege of attending the Rise and Shine Women's Retreat at our church.  Austin took care of the kids for the day and did great.  I got to experience some awesome worship and great teaching from Lysa TerKeurst, President of Proverbs 31 Ministries.  Lysa has an amazing life story.  She is also an incredibly real and inspirational woman.  You can find her blog post about the conference here and her daily posts in my blog roll list.  She has also written 12 books, several of which I have read, and is at the top of my favorite authors list!

I also want to thank the amazing organizational team of the retreat for covering every beautiful detail and a huge shout out to Natalie Brown and Scratch Cupcakery for the incredible lunch and heavenly cupcakes.  If you have never tried one of these tiny pieces of heaven you should ASAP!

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Glad you were able to go, and that you enjoyed it! Our women's retreat is this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks for Thanksgiving!

amussig said...

I certainly missed a great conference, but added the blog to those I follow. Thanks for the link!