Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A good report!

Last week Wednesday I finally got in to see a neurologist regarding my foot/leg issues and she ordered some more tests.  After being scanned, pricked and shocked I had another appointment today and probably received the best possible news.  It doesn't look like it has anything to do with the discs in my back.  Hooray!  The neuropathy is most likely is due to an injury of some sort around my knee area.  Upon further thought, there's a good chance that it was a result of the three hours of intense squatting I did while pruning and weeding the landscaping the week before this all started.  Although I still have some numbness and weakness, the neurologist could tell I had gained back some strength just over the course of the week between appointments.  So now the plan is to just wait and let it (hopefully!) continue to improve on it's own.  I am also going to see if I can wean myself off the Lyrica pain medication that has been my lifesaver for the last month.  Praise God for good news even if it was a long, hassled journey to get there!

1 comment:

cobo said...

Awesome news that it's most likely not a back issue or needing surgery! I hope you'll be back to normal soon!