Sunday, October 10, 2010

Staining the deck

With the warm weather this weekend and no guarantee of nice weather for much longer, we tackled the big project of staining the deck this weekend.  The two-tier deck and pergola was built by the previous owner.  Although it was still in great shape, I don't think it had ever been stained, and I don't know the last time it had been sealed.  Austin power-washed it last weekend while the kids & I were gone.  I had picked out a stain product early in the week with full intentions of at least getting started on the pergola while Emily was at preschool and Lincoln was napping.  However, when I opened the can I immediately decided I hated the color.  So I had to return it and get something else from another store.  Austin & I tag-teamed on Saturday to get the job done.  We were both a little concerned about how dark it was going on, but after it dried it looked much better.  I think the final result is beautiful!  Here are some pictures:

After power-washing
 During

After 

1 comment:

cobo said...

Looks great! Did you seal it all and stuff too?