Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ice cream shop

I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of a new coffee & ice cream shop located on Bremer Avenue just 3 blocks from our house.  The Dairy Queen in Waverly is seasonal and closed for the winter this past weekend.  There is really no other ice cream or even coffee shop/hang out place in Waverly, which is incredibly surprising considering it is a college town.  With "duos" located across from the main entrance to Wartburg and just up the street from us, I think it will do well. ;o) 

The kids & I took a walk to check it out after preschool today.  It's a lucky thing we got there when we did, because soon after we got in line it grew all the way to the door.  The prices are very reasonable, and they have some really fun ice cream flavors.  Emily & I each got a cone.  I had packed a separate snack for Lincoln, but when I got to the bottom of my Snickers Swirl cone, I let him try it.  He made the most awful faces at first, but then stuck it right in.  He also happily ate the rest of Emily's strawberry cone with a spoon.  Maybe there is hope of having ice cream buddies!


1 comment:

Adam & Brandi said...

If you ever need some ice cream buddies, let me know....I've got two little ones who LOVE it, and of course, I can't pass it down myself:)