Thursday, July 17, 2008

Phelps Youth Pavilion

Today was "dollar day" at the new Phelps Youth Pavilion at the Waterloo Center for the Arts. It is an awesome new children's interactive learning center that I have been wanting to visit with Emily since it opened this spring. For $2 I figured it would be a fun way to spend a couple hours in the morning. It was pure chaos with 100+ kids and adults running around, but it was a lot of fun to watch Emily explore. She wasn't shy about anything. I can see how it will be tons of fun in the future without the big crowds and when Emily begins to "grow" into more of the exhibits. It reminded me so much of the Omaha Children's Museum I loved when I was in kindergarten.


This is a collage of Emily checking things out. She loved the "fishies" and life-like cow. I couldn't get her to try and milk it, though. ;o) She is also exploring China, digging in the "garden", fishing with magnets, going "shopping" for vegetables and crashing a play being staged by a group of random kids.

No comments: