Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mischievous House Elf

It has been a longer week without much interesting going on. We do, however, have a mischievous "house elf" on the loose. Three significant items have disappeared lately: my watch, one of Emily's "juice" sippy cups and one of my mixer beaters. I can't function without a watch and losing the sippy cup is significant since there are only two in that rotation and that barely suffices at times. Luckily, both items could be easily replaced at Target yesterday. The beater disappeared on the day Emily got into the cupboard that houses my mixer and a lot of big bowls. She had fun "cooking" while I was trying to juggle frying bacon, answering the phone and shutting off the smoke alarm. :op Later that night, after washing up everything she had hauled out, Austin & I couldn't find one of the beaters anywhere. Thankfully, it mysteriously reappeared as soon as Emily got up in the morning. I didn't care as long as it was back in time to bake cookies today. :o)

No comments: