Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Laundry Day Disaster

Nothing puts a damper on Laundry Day (other than the fact it's Laundry Day) more than running not only a Kleenex (which I do quite often), but also a tube of ChapStick through both the washer & dryer with the dark load. I did that a couple times in college with devastating results. Although the casualties were great in number, they were not the most heartbreaking items this time around. I ran a Google search last night on ways to rescue the victims but came up with a lot of conflicting information. I am currently experimenting with straight-up Dawn dish detergent with promising preliminary results. Has anyone else experienced this tragedy and recovered?

1 comment:

Richard Featherstone said...

Megan, I love the blog.

While we haven't run a ChapStick through the washer, at least I don't think so, we have sent a baby diaper through. And it wasn't a pretty picture on the other side.

Look at the bright side. None of your clothes are going to get dry or cracked for awhile.