Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bremer County Fair

Tonight was a very hot and sticky visit to the Bremer County Fair in Waverly. It was free hamburger night courtesy of the Bremer County Cattlemen. Austin shook a lot of hands while Emily & I explored the fairgrounds. The theme was "Celebrate in 2008" so the 4-H building had balloons all over, which Emily loved. We got to hear the Johnson Family Strings again.



Emily loved looking at all the animals. They have a great petting zoo area, too.
There is a video montage in the July player documenting it.

(Note: I started leaving the videos in the monthly player in chronological order rather than trying to keep them in reverse-chronological order, so the newer ones are at the end of the list. Use the arrows at the bottom right of the player to scroll through the video list.)




Emily also enjoyed playing in the "corn box".

Our last stop of the evening was the Bremer County Dairy Producers' booth for ice cream sundaes. :o)

We headed home before the combine demolition derby started. Emily needed a bath and I needed a shower. I also had a gut-ache from eating too much ice cream. There was too much going on and Emily lost interest after 5 bites. Being the good Dutch (dairy) girl I am, I couldn't throw away ice cream I had paid for (even if it was only $1). So I ate most of Emily's ice cream, too. Next time I think we'll share! ;o)

1 comment:

Kingdom_Seeker said...

Nice blog. I'm the webmaster of SoGo Iowa a southern gospel music website. I'm also a fan of The Johnson Family Strings and would like to add them to our page. Do you know how to contact them? please email me at lighthouse40lost@live.com Thnks and God bless.