Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Celebrating 5 years / Fun with Grandpa & Grandma Boote

What a great weekend! My parents arrived late Thursday night, so they had all day Friday to play with Emily. My dad & I took a road trip to Monona, IA during Emily's nap time to tour a senior living facility. My dad is on a community committee back in Hull looking at building a similar facility. It was quite interesting and a great chance to visit with my dad. Emily enjoyed the peg toy they brought and reading lots and lots of books. Grandma B calls Emily "Toodles" and Emily soon started calling herself that only without the 'd' sound. :o)

Saturday morning was the Sumner Days parade. It was very humid and not one of Emily's better parades. She actually threw two temper tantrums during the parade route. Both were because I wouldn't let her drape her red bead necklace on the wagon handle like she had done while we were waiting for the parade to start. Luckily, there was a stray DumDum sucker or Tootsie Roll in just the right spot to satiate her each time. Whew! Here is a classic picture--one shoe off and two fistfuls of candy. :o)



*************************************************************************************

Saturday was also our 5th Anniversary! I don't know why, but I feel older knowing I've been out of college for 5 years then knowing I've been married for 5 years. It has been an amazing journey. To celebrate Austin & I took off after lunch and actually went door-knocking together for awhile in Janesville. I know--but I was curious to see him in action! :o) Then we checked into a hotel in Cedar Falls. We relaxed in the pool/hot tub, had a wonderful meal at Ferrari's and saw a beautiful rainbow after a storm blew through. We met up with my parents & Emily again for the late service at Orchard Hill. I was more relaxed than I had felt in months and none of us had any separation anxiety at all. It was the first time I had left Emily overnight and it was long overdue!


After church we all headed to Jay Bullerman's house for the annual Waterloo Open client appreciation event held by Financial Resource Advisors (my former employer). Emily wasn't interested in eating. She just wanted to play in the ice chest. :o) It was great food, though!

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

So nice that you guys could get away for a night...Adam and I are looking forward to our time in August:). Looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend in DesMoines!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like you had a great weekend. My favorite thing about the picture is the Clemont Implement Hat--glad Emily let Dad borrow it!