Thursday, July 24, 2008

Election countdown...


On the advice of the wonderful wife of a former political candidate, I indulged in a little "craft time" this afternoon and made an old-fashioned paper chain to count down the days until the election. (I'm feeling very nostalgic for elementary school lately!) I thought it might be fun/interesting for Emily, too, but after less than 5 minutes I decided this was a WEN (While Emily Naps) project. I just finished prying my gluey fingers apart and draping my chain on the curtain rod in the office. Each color represents one month beginning with red for the remainder of July. I can't decide if looking at the chain makes me feel better or more overwhelmed about the remaining length of this crazy season of our lives. I'm sure I'll feel differently on different days and so will Austin! ;o)

No comments: