Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fashionable vs. practical

I was feeling a bit fashionable today as I wore a knotted scarf for the first time ever (I know, I'm so on top of things!).  I got several compliments on it at MOPS this morning (that's probably because the program at our last meeting was all about fall fashions).  However, I decided that for as nice as fashion scarves look, they are terribly impractical.  If you're doing pretty much anything they just get in the way.  From preparing or serving food to cleaning up anything, not to mention any contact with kids.  I think I spent more time with it off than on today.  That or flung over my shoulder.  The only real plus is keeping your neck warm on a chilly day, which is still a toss-up for me because I don't like the "choking" feeling of stuff around my neck and sometimes have a hard time with turtlenecks.

Also, I suppose I have to document my super-cute head wound.  I had a little run-in with a plastic birdbath I was trying to install on the deck rail this weekend.  It is now scabbed over, itchy and looks like a sad attempt at a Halloween make-up job.  It does provide a fascinating social experiment, though.  I have had 30 minute face-to-face conversations with people who never mentioned a thing while others have blurted out, "What happened to you?!?" as soon as I set foot in the room.  It's interesting to see who falls into what category.  Some of them have been a bit surprising.

4 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

I feel 'choked' with things around my neck, too!! I've never really attempted the scarf thing, either. It looks cute on you!

Adam & Brandi said...

I love scarves! Yours is cute!

Vander Maten said...

That's why you wear them "out" and not around the house. And next time add some skinny jeans and boots and you'll be set! :)

Sarah Craft said...

Yah, not much fashion is practical. But you look cute! :)