Monday, October 31, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

One of the things I do love about Halloween is carving pumpkins.  We didn't get fancy this year--just faces.  (See my sister's creations here.)  Emily picked out a pattern from a book we had last year.  I made Lincoln's up.  Emily was all excited to scoop out the insides until she actually saw what was inside.  She then declared it to be "a messy mommy job."  Lincoln didn't mind the mess as much, but didn't have a long attention span.  He had more fun playing with his pumpkin afterwards.  I had to retrieve and wash several items that got placed inside it when I wasn't looking. :op

1 comment:

cobo said...

These are really cute! I made the mistake of putting mine outside because I thought Nika would eat them if we put them in the house and they shriveled up the very first night!