Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Playing Mary

I absolutely love the preschool Emily is attending, and I love hearing/experiencing what she's learning about.  Today they talked about and acted out the Christmas story.  From what I gathered she was a shepard today, but really wanted to be Mary.  So as soon as she got home she put together this "Mary" costume and found a "Baby Jesus".  Keep in mind this is the "little girl" version and pink is the color of choice. ;o)


Emily decided she needed a stable because they had a cardboard one at preschool, so I dug up a piece of cardboard I had been saving for just such an occasion and we had ourselves a stable.

Lincoln was less than thrilled with his assigned role as Joseph, but that's okay, because Emily more or less told him he couldn't play any more after he kept running off with Baby Jesus.


Next Emily decided that she needed presents for the kings to give Baby Jesus for his birthday.  So I helped her wrap some stuff up in construction paper using a glue stick and stapler.  I'm not sure what Jesus is going to do with a blue plastic fork, a box of picture sequence cards and a copy of Leap's New Potty book, but hey, it's the thought that counts!
After supper Emily tried to recruit me as the angel, but we both decided her butterfly wings were a little too small for me, so she gave Lincoln a second chance.  He just ran around in circles trying to get at the wings.  Maybe next year... ;o)

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

Wow! A lot of great posts on here today...good work! Emily is the cutest Mary I have ever seen and I loved your story about the Christmas cookies. Kids sure are messy, and fun.