Sunday, December 12, 2010

On a learning curve...

I have been absent from the blog for a while because we were going through the process of changing computers.  Our desktop PC was older than our marriage, and despite quite a bit of tinkering over the years, it was on its last leg.  The final straw was when the sound card went out two weeks ago.  Poor Emily found out that playing computer games wasn't quite the same. :o( 

I have been dreaming of a MacBook Pro ever since Austin took me to an Apple Store in July, and now we have one!  The process of reinstalling programs and transferring data from one computer to another is always a bit tedious.  Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who is extremely knowledgeable in that area and also has a lot of experience with Macs.  I have been on a bit of a learning curve for operating a Mac.  I haven't really used one since I was in high school.  The more I'm using it the more I'm loving it, but it will take some time to master it.  I'm starting to get a feel for iCal and iMail after heavily relying on Outlook for my business email and personal calendar.  I'm just now figuring out how to transfer pictures from our camera and then working with them.  So bear with me.  Everything takes a bit longer these days, but we'll be up to date again soon!

No comments: