Wednesday, December 1, 2010

18 month portraits

We made another attempt at getting Lincoln's 18-month portraits taken today.  Unfortunately, the circumstances were almost worse than the first time.  I got up with Lincoln five times the night before, and I'm pretty sure he was awake for about 3 hours.  I let him sleep in until 9:00am, but that didn't leave near enough time for him to wake up, get dressed and eat without rushing out the door by 9:30am.  Plus his whole face was crusted over with dried snot when he woke up.  Plus he still had a big scratch across his chin from a fall two days ago.  Plus Emily was not cooperating and refused to get dressed until a major threat was issued at 9:25am.  Needless to say, it was a little stressful getting out the door.  We were running late, and I even called the portrait studio to ask about rescheduling, but we just decided to try and go ahead with it anyway. 

As expected, Lincoln was a pill and wouldn't sit or stand still for anything.  The only thing he wanted to do was sit on my lap.  After 15 minutes of sweating we finally got some close-ups while I was laying on the floor and he was sitting up on my knees.  Below are some of the best from both sessions.  You wouldn't think it was so much work to get them!

 

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

If it makes you feel any better, they do look good! I hate those mornings when nothing goes right.. so frusterating!