Monday, December 6, 2010

An organizing lull

You may be wondering what happened to all the enthusiastic posts about my organizing projects around the house.  I have to confess that I have kind of fallen off the bandwagon.  The week of Thanksgiving sort of broke things up.  I really enjoyed sleeping in and just hanging out at home with the family.  Somehow that carried over into the next week, too.  Other than some Christmas-related stuff, I haven't done any organizing projects in the last two weeks, unless you count decluttering the DVR. ;o)  I have a bunch of other excuses, but it pretty much comes down to the fact that I got tired and lazy and lost my motivation.  It's not that I don't see what needs to and could be done.  In fact, I'm more aware of it than ever.  But motivation is a funny thing, and right now it is on vacation.  Or in hibernation.  Or something.  So now I'm just focusing on enjoying the holidays and will maybe try to start something up again in the New Year.

By the way, for those of you were curious and responded to my purse question, the sad thing is that I lost the piece of paper that I wrote down the exact before and after weights.  So much for organization!  However, I know that it went from 5+ lbs to 4+ lbs.  I'm enjoying the slightly lighter weight and all the extra room, which leaves plenty of space to stuff everyone's hats and mittens so they don't get lost while we're inside stores running errands. :o)

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Decluttering the DVR definitely counts as organizing!!! :)

Heather's Henhouse said...

I think every year I get the cleaning bug in the fall and then once it gets cold then I'm done too. I have officially gone through the whole basement and delivered several loads to Goodwill. Now I mostly have fun projects so I'm looking forward to them.. but I have to get Christmas projects done first.