Sunday, December 19, 2010

19 months old


Lincoln is now 19 months old and is as goofy as ever.  He loves going "beep, beep" on his belly button during "The Wheels on the Bus" or anytime you say it.  He also adamantly shakes his head yes or no to let you know exactly what he thinks.  The only "words" we've really added this month have been for "thank you".

Lincoln has really made up for lost time in the teeth department.  He popped four of them through this month, including two molars.  This made for some long and cranky days & nights.  It also really messed with his eating patterns.  I'm pretty sure he ate his weight in grapes this month.  Grapes, cheese and milk were his diet staples and sometimes the only thing he'd eat in a day.  Thankfully, we're beginning to pick up steam again. 

However, Lincoln has totally rejected his booster seat at the table.  We fought him about it for almost two weeks with several meals being consumed while sitting on my lap because that's the only way he'd eat.  Now he's happy sitting or standing on a big chair.  Whatever works.  I distinctly remember Emily doing the same thing and eventually going back to the booster seat until she really didn't need it anymore.  I guess it will make packing for the holidays easier!

Lincoln is in what I like to call "search and destroy" mode a good deal of the time.  This consists of seeking out whatever Emily or I might be working on and either destroying or severely disrupting it.  He is also addicted to water.  Specifically, putzing in water.  We have to try to remember to close the bathroom doors so he doesn't climb up on the toilet and play in the bathroom sink.  Just this week he started hauling in play dishes to fill and empty and he also figured out how to turn on the hot water, which is just plain unsafe.  You can't water plants with him around because all he wants to do is stick his hand in the stream of water.  Although he can still occasionally be caught with his hand in the fish tank (see below), his new favorite hangout is standing on a chair by the kitchen sink and playing with whatever is in it.  You could actually entertain him for a solid 20 minutes just by putting a few items and a small bowl of water in the sink.  Luckily, he hasn't figured out how to turn on the kitchen faucet--yet.



One thing I have really cherished this month is singing Christmas carols while rocking Lincoln before bed.  He loves listening to people sing to him.  I love singing Christmas carols.  This will most likely be the last year he will sit and cuddle like this with me, so I'm trying to enjoy every moment. :o)

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

I'll have to try the sink and bowl of water game with CJ. Thanks for the idea! Oh, and does Lincoln play in the toilet water? CJ went through that phase but it has HOPEFULLY passed!!!!!!!

Heather's Henhouse said...

Harlie likes playing in toilet water too.. : ( I have also been singing carols, in fact I made a short movie for my mom in Florida of me (terribly) and the "kids" singing a few carols. It's been fun singing old classics... one thing I've noticed is that I never really payed attention to the lyrics so I've been doing that more this year.