Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Dinner

Tonight was the annual Seasons of Advent Candlelight Dinner at our church.  It is a ladies-only event where women sign up to host tables of eight.  The hostess is in charge of the full place-setting and all decorations for their table.  Each table has a theme, and each one is very unique.  They don't even necessarily have to have a Christmas theme.  Hostesses can sell their own tickets to family/friends/neighbors or turn them in for the general public to purchase.  There is a nice meal served by male volunteers and a program with music.

I was very excited to host a table this year.  My theme was Snowflakes.  None of the people I invited could attend, so I had a nice table of new people I was able to meet!  Everything was beautiful.  Here are some pictures of my table:

There were a total of 21 tables.  Here are some others.  I happened to take pictures of a lot of the blue ones. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you were a hostess!! Your table was beautiful!! Jane