Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick-or-treat...or not

This is our cute little pumpkin...

This is the cute homemade Lego costume we got from a friend...

This is the cute little girl who refused to wear the Lego costume...


Emily was all excited about the costume--especially the hat--when we picked it up a week ago. But when it came time to put it on, forget it. I'm not big into the whole trick-or-treating thing, but I thought it would be a great excuse to go introduce ourselves to our new neighbors since Austin & I have so far only met one each. (Have I mentioned how much I miss our old neighborhood?!?) Secretly, I was just fine with staying home. We had some trick-or-treaters, and Emily loved seeing them, but she still refused to put on a costume. Even when I told her she couldn't have any of the trick-or-treat candy unless she did. Still a no-go. Oh well. I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on her costume. At least Lincoln was cute. Maybe next year...

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Emily can be such an ornery little runt! I'll post pictures later this week but Wendell was the M&M that Suzi gave out at MMO and Harlie had a pumpkin outfit as well. Wendell did go trick or treating with his cousin but made it about 2 blocks and had enough so I had to carry him home : ) Got a love 'em! Maybe Lincoln will wear the leggo in a couple years???