Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins

I had been waiting all week to carve pumpkins. It's probably my favorite part about Halloween, and I thought it would be a great tradition to start doing it on Emily's birthday. So when Lincoln went down for his morning nap, I carefully spread out newspapers and got out the tools. Emily & I both donned our aprons. Emily sort of helped "wash" the pumpkin with a wet paper towel. And she did help decide what shapes to make the facial features. But other than that, she had no interest whatsoever. She actually left the kitchen and didn't come back until I was done. Oh well, at least I had fun! Maybe next year.



After a semi-disappointing morning carving session, I got out the Sharpie markers during Lincoln's afternoon nap. Under careful supervision, Emily participated in this activity using her mini pumpkin.

Here are the finished products...

No comments: