Thursday, October 22, 2009

New range!

I was super excited to have a brand new range (I guess that's what they call a stove/oven combo) delivered yesterday. The old clunker we inherited with the house was just not cutting it. The turn-dial clock was broken, so there was no timer or time bake option. The burners were sometimes out of control, and the oven temperature dial was loose, so the oven temp could vary from 50-75 degrees every time you opened the oven, which was often since there was no window in the oven door. For someone who enjoys (and does quite a bit) of cooking and considers baking one of my major hobbies, that just wasn't going to work. Emily & I immediately tried out the new oven by whipping up a batch of Halloween cupcakes for our Denver play group. Emily was quite the helper and took her job as candy and sprinkle decorator very seriously! ;o)


1 comment:

cobo said...

I'm jealous! Your old range looks suspiciously like mine. No timer/time bake and no window. However, my temperatures still work and as long as they do I think I'll have to live with it. Sadly, a new TV will probably have to be on the wish list before a range as mine randomly loses the picture and sound every 20 minutes-2 hours. It has to be turned off then on again to work. Plus a 27" flat screen doesn't cut it from the opposite end of the room. *sigh* maybe Day After Thanksgiving sales will be a blessing.