Monday, October 19, 2009

Pictures in the leaves


About this time of year mothers start dreaming of taking adorable pictures of their kid(s) in the leaves. Getting those pictures can be quite the adventure, if not nearly impossible, sometimes. Today was perfect weather with a perfect pile of leaves and pretty much the only chance between the rain and cold to accomplish this feat. Unfortunately, a squirrelly toddler who refuses to cooperate or look at the camera + a normally smiley infant who doesn't like the feel of the leaves and also refuses to look or smile + an over-tired mommy with a very short fuse who JUST WANTS THE PERFECT PICTURE, DANG IT!! = trouble. After a rough first try we had to pack it up and head indoors so I could have a timeout and cool off with a Diet Coke. When I had regained my composure, we briefly tried again. That session ended with an over-tired Lincoln deciding he had had enough already and Emily accidentally stepping in one of Cheney's piles, which then got smeared all over her Crocs and pants. So after two valiant attempts, a change of battery and over 100 pictures taken using the continuous snapshot setting, the collage above is the best of the best. (Click to enlarge) Maybe next year... ;o)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous collage!!

You're a better mom than me - & you have more stamina than I did - I surely would have quit after the first round! :)

Your kids are adorable, Megan!

Jennifer Morrison said...

Man, I so wish I live closer! The trick is to have another couple of people to wrangle the kids. Also, just so long as there are smiles and they are happy it makes for good photos! You did great, keep trying and you'll be a pro before you know it!

alisha said...

Oh boy, I can totally relate! I always want to get that perfect picture...and it just doesn't work out. You did good!!

We attempted some leaves pictures too... I'm just posting them on my blog.

Sometimes I have to go in time out too! :) ha ha.