Monday, April 14, 2008

Van mis-adventures

So our van has not been our friend lately. One of the other fun experiences we had in Des Moines was vehicle trouble. Shortly after arriving we discovered the van was deader than a doornail. Austin's dad tried to jump it for 30 min. and barely got the dash lights to blink. We had to pay to have it towed in the morning and the battery replaced. Luckily, they had it done by noon we could be on our way...

Fast forward to Monday morning. I had a couple quick stops in Waterloo before a play date in Hudson that I had been looking forward to for a week. After the first stop I went back out to the van and...deader than a doornail. Not a sound or even a flicker of light. Grrr. I ended up calling a tow truck again. Thankfully, they were able to jump it after a little tinkering, although I still had to pay them almost a full towing fee. I dropped Emily off at a friend's house and brought it to the shop. It turned out to be some kind of corrosion around the battery connections that the first place probably wouldn't have seen. So...hopefully everything in that department is fixed now. I was very disappointed to miss the play date, but Emily & I enjoyed a spontaneous McDonald's lunch and made it home for nap time.

1 comment:

Adam & Brandi said...

Sorry to hear about all the troubles...hopefully you won't have any for awhile now:). Fun that you got to go for lunch at McDonald's though:).