Friday, April 18, 2008

Sneaky

Toddlers sure keep you on your toes and Emily is no exception. Yesterday I must have been in a hurry when switching laundry loads. When I went back to move the last load to the dryer I discovered that somehow a plastic Mickey Mouse ruler and the remote to the TV in the office had ended up in the washing machine. Luckily, that particular load was done on the delicate/gentle cycle, and after drying out for 24 hours the remote works just fine. Hmmm...

Remember when I mentioned a couple posts ago that Emily usually stays out of trouble when I'm in the shower? Today was not one of those days. When I peeked out I discovered Emily had hauled the large Kleenex box off the top of the toilet and was surrounded by Kleenexes as she was systematically pulling them out saying, "Nose" after each one. (62 to be exact) While I was painstakingly trying to refold them back into sort of a pile I'm pretty sure Emily was downstairs playing in Cheney's water dish. She has had an intense fascination for it lately and I had not put it back up on the counter after feeding him. She was also perfectly quiet the whole time and her hands were suspiciously damp and cold when she did re-emerge. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, but since I had just stepped out of the shower to the large pile of Kleenexes I just let it go. Sigh...

1 comment:

Adam & Brandi said...

Don't you enjoy your showers on the weekends, when you can just not wonder what exactly Emily is doing out there?! Very funny stories though:).