Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mischief

Emily had several mischievous moments today. The first was early this morning when I lost track of her in the house. As suspected, she was splashing in Cheney's water bowl. The rug was soaked and so was her favorite bear stuffed animal. I decided "Bear" was going straight to the washing machine. It was a good excuse to wash up all the winter gear, too. After the initial fit Emily forgot about "Bear" the rest of the day. It's a good thing b/c it's probably going to take a day or two for him to dry out!

The second moment occurred at the pharmacy downtown. It was a gorgeous morning, so Emily & I took the stroller downtown to run some errands. I should have known better than to let her out to "walk" while I was browsing the card aisle for Mother's Day cards. I got most of them put back, but had to leave a small pile at the cash register. The clerk was laughing and insisting that she could just put them all away.

The third event happened when we got home. I was going to change her into play clothes so we could go outside and check out the sandbox (see next post). Emily, however, refused to let me put her pants on, let alone socks and shoes. So, I ended up sitting outside on a lawn chair reading a magazine while she ran around in the breezeway with just a short-sleeved onesie. It was a battle of the wills and took 20 minutes before she decided to cooperate so she could join me. Score one for mom. ;o)

Two other notes of interest. Emily's favorite snack is currently Fruity Cheerios. The box I just opened had a little diecast NASCAR car in it. It's funny watching her with her "car". She knows exactly what to do and what sounds to make! The other note is that Emily was looking a little tough tonight because she received her biggest goose-egg to date in the middle of her forehead. She was running "fast" across the stepping stones in our front landscaping this afternoon in her Crocs (which are still a bit big for her) and fell face forward, smacking her forehead on one of the stones. She cried for less than 10 seconds, but it sure looks owie!

No comments: