Wednesday, April 30, 2008

18 months old


Emily is now 18 months old. At her check-up today she measured 34 1/2 inches and 27.4 lbs. She's off the charts for height and 90th percentile in weight--right where she has always been. I thought she had had a growth spurt recently! She remembered there was a giant fish tank in the waiting room as soon as she saw the building and started yelling "Ish!" before we even walked in the door. Unfortunately, once the nurse & doctor came in the exam room she also remembered them! All in all she did pretty well, though. Check out the cute pictures of her in the little dressing gown. :o)




Here are some current Emily highlights:
  • Emily has really enjoyed listening to the Dr. Suess ABC's cassette tape that my sisters and I almost wore out when we were little. I've even caught her trying to sing parts of it lately. She sings, "A--D--I--itchy." :o)

  • Emily's "prayers" consist of her saying "Pray?", folding her hands, and saying "A-ben". They occur a random times during the day--usually in the middle of meals.

  • Dipping things has become a fun activity. Just today Emily was dipping cold green beans (steamed yesterday) in peach flavored applesauce. Yummy! :op

  • Emily has figured out how to climb on and off of her little wooden rocking horse all by herself.

  • I try to do my Denise Austin workout video a couple times a week. As soon as I start getting out my exercise equipment Emily says "Ex-cise?" Then she starts imitating and narrating moves--"stech" (stretch), "tist" (twist), "up down"

  • Emily also loves dancing to the pre-recorded songs on the keyboard. It starts with "Star Wars" and goes from there. If you haven't already, check out the dancing videos in the April video player below.

  • Emily is really interested in pockets, so you have to be a little more careful about what you carry in them.

Here's my funny story for the day. Because of Emily's lingering head cold and runny nose, we had just used up the stack of Kleenxes I rescued from the bathroom floor a couple weeks ago (see earlier post). I guess I left Emily alone a little too long in her room while getting supper ready tonight. She set a new record of casualties at 159 Kleenxes. That includes the 2 that Cheney grabbed and ate. There's an accompanying video in the player.


Below is the April video player. In addition to the ones posted on the blog all our April pictures are updated on Winkflash.

No comments: