Friday, April 25, 2008

Garage-saling

Okay, so I've never really been a "garage-saler" before, but now that I have a kid I see the immense value in cheap play clothes and good, used (& cheap!) books and toys. Aunt Courtney brought an entire summer wardrobe last weekend courtesy of the Hull garage sales. Since Emily was too sick to stick in a room full of toddlers at Mom's Morning Out at church (which I was very sad to miss for the 3rd week in a row), but well enough to be out and about, we ventured into NW Cedar Falls this morning to check out a few sales, including two moms from Orchard Hill. We ended up stopping at a bunch of different places. At this time of year you can just start one place and keep following signs. I got some good generic play pants for future use, a really cute "bumblebee" raincoat, quite a few books and two fun toys--a white erase board easel and a Lego table with 2 little chairs. Now we just need some Legos or Duplo Blocks. I also got a new gigantic (real) house plant for the breezeway. If nothing else, the pot it's in is worth more than what I paid for the whole thing! ;o) Emily sure enjoyed wandering around and checking out everything--especially the stuffed animals. She found a large bear quite similar to the one that ended up in the dog dish earlier this week. She ended up dragging it around on the wet, muddy garage floor, so I offered to buy it, but the ladies thought Emily was so cute they gave it to her for free. He's going to have to take a little spin in the washer, too. :o)

The Janesville city-wide garage sales are tomorrow, but I might have filled my quota for this week. The Denver city-wide sales are Mother's Day weekend. My biggest mission is to find some outdoor toys. I would really like to get a good, used Little Tikes Cozy Coupe (see picture), but I have quickly discovered that they are a highly desired item and the chances of me finding one at a garage sale are slim to none. Therefore, if anyone knows of anyone looking to get rid of one I am definitely interested! I'm especially interested in the older models that have different color schemes. Please let me know!!

No comments: