Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring at last!

It actually really felt like spring this weekend. Yay! On both Friday and Saturday Emily & I spent 1 1/2 hours outside in the backyard. I've never been so thankful for a fenced in yard! Emily just explored on her own and chased balls with Cheney while I was able to get all the spring yard work done. It was great not having to wear a coat and actually having to put on sunscreen! Although there are still a few small mounds of snow in the front, for the first time in months we are actually able to see the entire curb & gutter in front of our house. The trees across the street budded out overnight, and it's only a matter of time before the grass greens up again. We can't wait! Our mission this week: acquire a sandbox.

Emily & I have been observing a pair of cardinals in our backyard, too. Emily loves pointing out all the birds. ;o) It looked like the cardinals were collecting nesting material, so I hope they stay close by. I love watching and listening to them.

No comments: