Monday, April 14, 2008

Mommy!

It has finally begun--Emily started calling my "mommy" this weekend. Or more accurately, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I hadn't felt bad that she had been calling Austin "Daddy" for months and said nothing regarding me because I knew once it started it would seem like it would never end. ;o) It's fun, though.

Emily is in the total copycat stage verbally, so you can make her say almost anything. It's funny, but also a little scary. She can finally say "Gam-pa" and "Nam-ma" and we practiced saying all the names of her uncles & aunts. I don't think she has assigned meaning to the names yet, but she can say them! Everything that remotely resembles a computer screen or still picture is called "Ash-uh", so we didn't have to practice that one. ;o) She can also say her own name, although it comes out "Em-my". She hasn't assigned meaning to that one yet either.

No comments: