Friday, April 4, 2008

Funny Friday

Every day something makes me laugh. Today seemed to have many humorous moments, so I'll share a few with you...

  • For some reason Cheney seems to LOVE eating Kleenexes--especially used ones. :op This morning Emily climbed up on the toilet while saying "cayuh-ful", grabbed a Kleenex out of the box saying "Bwess-oo" and then wiped her chin while saying "nose". (Even though she didn't need to wipe anything) Then Cheney started chasing her around trying to get at the Kleenex. He finally got her cornered by the bed in our bedroom. Meanwhile, Emily is saying, "No, Chee-ny" while waving the Kleenex in front of his face, which only makes him more eager to get it. I was laughing out loud at both of them.

  • At Mom's Morning Out (our church group for mom's) I was given a free tall mocha from Starbucks. I've never had Starbucks coffee before and actually haven't had a coffee product in quite awhile. I drank the whole thing and was still jittery from it at 4:00pm. No more Starbucks coffee for me!

  • Before heading home we stopped at FRA to drop off some cupcakes. They were having an office potluck and gave Emily a cookie, which she thoroughly enjoyed on the way home. (See picture)

  • After lunch I had to quick go to the bathroom before putting Emily down for a nap. Before I was finished she burst into the bathroom, said "Ucky", reached into her pants and--you guessed it--pulled out a handful of poop. :op Definitely not as funny when you're not exactly in a position to take care of it right away!

  • Emily fell asleep in the van for 15 minutes on the way home from Waterloo, which oftentimes is enough to mess up her whole afternoon nap routine. Today was no exception. While she was supposed to be napping I was downstairs doing bookwork. I was on the phone with a billing company and could hear the crib squeaking like she was jumping up and down followed by wild laughter. After 1.5 hours of entertaining herself in her crib I decided to get her up so we could both go play outside. When I walked in I saw that banging around in her crib was not the only thing she had been up to. Remember my post about undressing herself earlier this week? Here's what she looked like today :o) (Click on picture for larger view. There is also a video in the April video player)

No comments: