Saturday, June 22, 2013

Clothes closet

Today I completed a task that has literally been haunting me for months--cleaning out my clothes closet.  I kept making the excuse that I couldn't do seasonal changeover because I just didn't know if it would snow one more time.  But that's probably not going to happen now. ;o) 

Anyway, through purging and seasonal adjustments, I think the closet lost at least 100 lbs.  I took two big boxes of clothes to the consignment shop in town (something I've been meaning to do for about 1.5 years now).  We'll see if anything comes of that.  I have another two boxes waiting to drop off when they start accepting fall/winter stuff.

I am notorious for having a rather dull color selection in my wardrobe--especially in the winter.  I pretty much settle on black, white, brown, red, purple and pink.  During the long non-spring, I tried to spiff things up by purposely purchasing some more brightly colored clothing.  Now it's finally warm enough to wear it!  I decided to be geeky and arrange my closet in rainbow order.

I also added a hanging shoe shelf for my flip-flops.  I have a larger collection this year (though still small by most standards).

Austin is pretty much in charge of his own wardrobe.  I may secretly purge a thing here or there or occasionally bring home something new for him to try on, but it's pretty simple.  He has business clothes for when he travels and wears t-shirts and jeans/shorts while working at home.  After arranging my side of the closet I laughed at the stark contrast to Austin's side.  (To his credit, there are a few red polo shirts hanging on hooks behind his dress clothes.)

No comments: