Monday, July 23, 2012

Fishing

Austin had a full week of traveling for work, so the kids & I headed to NW Iowa for one last visit with family before school starts.  On Monday night we went to Mill Creek State Park by Paullina.  It was blazing hot (over 100 degrees).  We had a picnic supper in the shade.  Then my dad put his fishing boat in the water for the first time this summer.  The kids took turns going fishing and playing on the beach.  My mom and sister supervised the beach while I opted for the boat with my dad and BIL since I've never been in it before.  It turned out to be quite pleasant with a slight breeze coming off the lake.


Emily was very excited about the prospect of fishing, but got bored after about 30 seconds of her line being in the water.  Luckily, she actually caught a fish soon after.  She also got to feel the inside of the bass' mouth my BIL caught.


Lincoln spent almost the entire time "driving" the boat (they don't allow gas motors on that lake, so he wasn't actually doing anything).  He helped Grandpa reel in two fish.  He also played with worms.


Now we can cross off "Go fishing" on our summer bucket list!

No comments: