Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kindergarten Round-Up

Emily had two afternoons of Kindergarten round-up this week, and she was super excited.  I had what felt like a major parental failure last week when I totally missed the parent meeting because I had the wrong date down on the calendar.  Luckily, I have a lot of MOPS friends who were there and filled me in.  Emily & I also stopped by the school last Friday to ask a couple questions at the office and peek in the classrooms.  We even got to meet and visit with one of the teachers.

But back to the big day.  I had to practically hold her back from running into the classroom, and she never looked back.  When I went to pick her up she was the first one who bounded out of the classroom and she declared, "I had a wonderful time!  Can I go back tomorrow?" and later, "Today was the best day ever!"  She talked a mile a minute and was very proud of her star crown with all her letters and numbers.




The second day was just as good.  At lunch Emily had said, "Mom, since I know where my locker is and where the classroom is and what to do, can I just go by myself?"  She wanted me to just drop her off at the curb!  Lincoln & I did walk her in all the way.  This time she was really excited that they learned how to play freeze-tag and she was one of first two kids who were "it".

Emily really liked both teachers (there are two sections in her building) and was disappointed she only got to go two days.  She said she gave both of them a hug because it would be a while before she would be able to come back.  It's great to see Emily so excited for school.  Surprisingly, it wasn't at all emotional for me.  I'm sure that will change in the fall. :o)


1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Wendell was really shy for his big day.. very odd for him especially since it was the same school as preschool. But there were A LOT of faces he didn't know. I was very suprised by how many people would be there. Glad she's so excited.. she's going to LOVE it!