Monday, April 2, 2012

Emily's signs

Emily is really into making signs for everything.  It's a way she often expresses herself--especially frustrations.  For one of the first times, I was the main target.  Last night we had some issues with her not being a good listener while reading books before bed.  I told her we were going to have to make some rules about at least staying on the bed while I was reading.  This is what was hanging on her door in the morning:
Translation: I have an announcement that I am sick of Megan because I think she has boring rules because I want to be the boss of my room so I wonder why Mom just ends up being the boss so I would like all moms out of my room for awhile when a sign hangs on my door.  Obey my rules. Thanks everybody--Your friend Emily Lorenzen Claire

Then she made a sign with prices for entering her room. 
  • Removing/returning laundry = $100 (I had asked about this after being banned from the room)
  • If you're there to read books = $17
  • If you're not there to read books = $30
  • Dad reading books = $.01 (a penny)
Apparently it's really expensive to crash her meetings, too! ;o)

Note: She had removed the first three signs by this afternoon.  She forgave me and let me read books for free at bed time.  And she was a pretty good listener. :o)

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

This made me laugh so hard! :) This will totally happen at my house someday. So creative. :)

Sarah Craft said...

I am amazed at her writing abilities at just five years old. You have a very smart girl on your hands. Perhaps you should make a sign saying how much you charge to wash her laundry. :)

Curious said...

Im sorry for being clueless, but are you Emily's biological mom. Dont take this the wrong way but she wrote your real name on her sign. Not I'm sick of mom's rules, but I'm sick of Meghans rules. I'm very sorry if you are her