Saturday, April 7, 2012

Birthday Bash at Bridges Bay

My dad turned 60 last week, so to celebrate my family rented a 12-person condo unit at an indoor water park at Lake Okoboji for one night.  The kids had fun with the favorite activity being floating in the lazy river.  I managed to be the only injury less than 5 minutes after we got in the pool by going down a little kid slide with Lincoln and scraping up my knee, elbow and hand on the bottom.  I guess I just wanted to be like Lincoln. ;o)


After supper Grandpa took the grandkids down to the rocks on the shore (because the dock wasn't in yet) for a little fishing.  Cousin Ryan actually caught a pretty good sized crappie with a little help from my BIL.  Although a bit nippy, it was a beautiful sunset over West Lake Okoboji.


Then we had cake and ice cream with the obligatory attempt at a grandkid photo.


The kids had an egg hunt in the morning, we went swimming some more and then ate lunch at Perkins before all heading back to our own homes.  Happy Birthday Dad/Grandpa!  Thanks for a fun time!

No comments: