Friday, March 11, 2011

Stinker-pot

Lincoln has been a bit of a stinker-pot lately.  He has entered the undressing phase.  I don't know how he does it, but for the last few nights he has managed to get one or even two arms out of his zipped-up, snapped-up, footed sleeper.

He has also been on a bib strike.  He hasn't left a bib on all week.  Thankfully, his drooling has decreased enough lately that it hasn't been a huge problem.  I'm not quite ready to throw all the bibs out yet, but I'm getting really close!!

In addition to taking off his clothes, he is also obsessed with putting on footwear.  Mostly anything other than his own.  He is constantly digging in the back coat closet and hauling out various combinations of boots.  I also find my shoes scattered around our bedroom and down the hall after Lincoln gets into our closet.  If Emily leaves any shoes laying around there's a pretty good chance they'll make it on his feet.  Here he is modeling Emily's new tennis shoes.

 

He is also still way too interested in outlets.  While I was making supper tonight he hauled out the hand mixer.  Before I knew it I heard a whirring and a loud cry coming from the bathroom.  He had snuck in there, pulled out the nightlight and plugged in the mixer with the switch on the highest speed.  Thankfully, the beaters weren't attached.  However, based on the sobbing and whimpering that followed for quite awhile, I'm guessing he might have shocked himself a bit.  Hopefully a lesson was learned.  I know it took me a couple run-ins trying to plug in the Christmas tree lights in the dark when I was growing up. :op

To top things off, while I was pouring drinks for supper Lincoln dug out a large metal spoon and banged a glass of milk setting on the counter so hard it broke.  Luckily, it cracked and fell apart just above the milk line, so I didn't have a huge puddle to clean up. < insert guttural "haaghck" sound my mom is famous for ;o) >

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Sounds similar to Harlie. She likes to undress on occassion but loves trying on different shoes. I wouldn't mind the undressing but the diaper goes with it and I've found yellow wet spots on the floor : (