Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring break

Waverly does not have a week-long spring break, but Austin's mom does, so I packed up the kids and we headed to Grandpa & Grandma Lorenzen's house for a couple days.  We had a great time!  Emily enjoyed learning several new games, including Checkers and Yahtzee.

Lincoln loved playing trucks.


We all enjoyed some time outside with the beautiful weather.  We went to three different playgrounds and played bean bags.


I had one near-adventure while we were there.  The dash lights have been flickering and the gauges jumping in the van every once in awhile for the last couple weeks.  They really started doing it while I was coming back from a shopping trip.  Then the van died while I was sitting at a stoplight by the Jordan Creek Mall.  I was able to start it again right away, but it almost died again on University Avenue.  After a couple phone calls I was able to find a repair place nearby and have the worn-out battery replaced along with an oil change the van needed anyway.  Thank goodness it didn't happen somewhere on the interstate on the way home!

No comments: