Saturday, July 3, 2010

New features

Along with a fresh, new look to the blog, I have also been slowly working on re-organizing the layout and adding some new features.  You may have already noticed the tabs at the top.  I have started a Recipes page to post some of my favorite recipes.  Some of them even have pictures.  I have included some from some of my "blogger" friends, all of whom are also friends in real life.  There are links to each of them and/or their recipes.  I will be sporadically adding to this page, so check back every once in awhile!

The other tab is for my Amazon store.  I love Amazon.com.  I think 75% of my online purchases come from there.  They have a program where you can list things on your web site, and if people purchase anything (doesn't necessarily have to be the item listed) after clicking on the link on your site you can earn credits for cash or gift certificates.  I like it because it provides easy access to pictures of products and book covers for my posts and you can create the cool carousel widgets of books that I have in the sidebar.  The store tab just lists some of the toys and a small sample of the children's books we have and enjoy.  It's an eternal work in progress.  Feel free to browse or just ignore it altogether. 

I have also moved some of the other widgets to the bottom of the blog along with the current month's video player.  The kids' "growing" slide shows have been recently updated.  Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.  Thank you for continuing to read our blog!

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

I love the new look! It makes me think maybe I should change things up a little. Either way, it looks great. I like the tabs too!